Zach Zupancic

Zach Zupancic

Senior Designer, SolidWorks addict, AutoCAD zealot, Cyclist, Shade Tree Mechanic, & moderately tall. 

figures as much...

Was able to pick up the headers, exhaust, and syncrometer from MSA yesterday, and so I took pictures of the un-boxing and initial install.

Header and Exhaust install
Header and Exhaust install

While I was removing the stock exhaust i broke a bolt, the one right under the thermostat housing, so I had to remove the housing to pit some vice grips around it and get it off that way. It broke again... then I pulled out my easy-out set drilled a hole and tapped the bit in; then the easy-out bit broke off inside the twice sheered bolt... So I drilled another pilot hole and just decided to drill out the opening. Then my bit broke inside of the bolt... after 2 breaks in the bolt, a snapped easy-out, and a broken drill bit I was finally able to clear the bolt out and re-tap the hole.

Then while putting on the header I ran into a clearance issue with, what seems like, part of the heat shield. With some massaging I was able to get it to fit without it touching.

Header and Exhaust install

The header flange was a bit bowed, but that will straighten out when then nuts get tightened down, and it seems that I am running into a clearance issue with the cannon intake manifold. I bought some new studs to put into the top intake threads to see if I can squeeze it on there, instead of having to grind down too much of the flange.