San Diego, CA - April 2015-Present
Developed a top down modeling architecture that reduced design time and improved our time to market. Supervised and collaborated with team on project specific CAD development, relayed and troubleshot engineering issues, and provided support wherever needed. Lead lunch and learns to build up the entire teams knowledge of best design practices, as well as how to improve efficiency at every stage of development. Generated parts, assemblies, and drawings for various projects. Traveled to vendors and OEM Device companies to provide instantaneous design decisions and changes to the project.
- Research and Development, Drawing & Part Quality Control, Design and Engineering Verification Testing, Reverse Engineering, Plastic Injection Molding Design, Part Design, and Assembly creation.
Weiland Sliding Doors and Windows Inc.
Oceanside, CA - March 2011-April 2015
Lead designer for the research and development of all products and units. Converted and consolidated entire part library from paper & physical components to 3D parts/extrusions to reduce guesswork & aid in R&D. Helped develop software to speed up and improve production documentation, and give the company a better overall cost analysis of all systems. Lead design department in the creation and modification of customer projects.
- Teaching, Team Management, Drawing Quality Control, Reverse Engineering, Aluminium & plastic Extrusion Design, Part Design, and Assembly creation.
- SolidWorks, and AutoCAD
Fallbrook, CA - March 2011-2013
Designed further enhancement into the product line as well as produced drawings to be manufactured/machined for mass production.
- Rapid Prototyping, Injection Molding, Part & Assembly Design.
Fallbrook, CA - October 2010-Present
Owner / Designer
Further develop client’s ideas and products. Dealing with all design oriented projects from ethanol plant design to aquaponic green houses to fillet knives.
- SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Rapid Prototyping.
OSE Product Development
Oceanside, CA - June 2010 - March 2011
Turning client's ideas, inventions, and concepts into 3D working parts and assemblies for prototyping and mass production
- Reverse Engineering, Engineering Verification Testing, Part & Assembly Design.
TabCo. Optical Inc.
Fallbrook, CA - June 2007-Present
Created 3D parts and assemblies for multiple units from red line, and napkin drawings. Reverse engineered parts and assemblies of existing parts to reduce production cost, time spent on machine, and shipping weight. Also is a design consultant for the use and functionality of the parts and assemblies to achieve the desired results.
- Reverse Engineering, Part & Assembly Design, and Design Verification.
MSW Consulting Inc.
Mulberry, FL - June 2009-October 2009
Redesign of tanks, heat exchangers, distillation columns, as well as crate Process Flow Diagrams and Process Identification Drawings for future and current applications in ethanol plants throughout the world.
- Plant and Tank Design, Plant Diagrams.
- AutoCAD & SolidWorks
Pursuit Dynamics Inc.
Fallbrook, CA - December 2008-June 2009
Integrated our unit into existing ethanol plants, created piping layouts, tank locations drawings, structure drawings, and redesigns of our unit to increase output as well as ease of installations.
- Structure & Flow Diagrams, Plant and Tank Design.
- AutoCAD & SolidWorks
TelData Enterprise Networks
San Diego, CA - January 2008-December 2008
Ran a one man department overseeing all aspects of CAD production for the sales and operations departments. Responsible for working with sales department to create RFPs, designing and drafting telecom closets, data centers, and proposed jack locations for commercial companies; such as Pfizer, LPL Financial, Liberty Mutual, and Intuit, for use by the sales departments. Completed as-builds from the red-line prints returned from the Cable Technicians, ensuring timely completion of work so that project stays both on time and within budget. Managed warranties process between our four main fiber & cable partners which includes monitoring test results and completing appropriate paperwork with the vendors and clients.
- As-built drawings, floor plan creation and modification, data center, MDF, & IDF layout drawings, client relations, data entry for cabling infrastructure, sales presentation creation, design consultant, warranty maintenance, red line corrections and additions.
- AutoCAD & SolidWorks.
San Marcos, CA - July 2007-January 2008
Guitar Sales and Technician
Worked as a Sales person in the guitar department for Guitar Center, reached my A-Level certification in guitars. Met and exceeded my quota each month, increased the sales of hollow-bodies electric guitars by 200% during my employment. Coordinated with fellow employees to set-up for events.
Fallbrook, CA - Summers of 2005 & 2006
CAD Drafter and Technician
Worked with a national business to piece together a UV light assembly to properly disinfect waste from sewage plants. Also reverse engineered the unit to ease future part modification and sourcing, as well as for installation packages and sales presentations.
- Reverse engineering, technician, quality control, drawing, part, and assembly creation.
- SolidWorks, and my hands.